Sunday, March 8, 2009

"I need to go jogging with my Dad"



Funny stuff Eli has said this week...

"I need to go jogging with my Dad", he was telling the neighbor kids yesterday when they were wanting him to come over to play longer, but Aaron was going to take him jogging in the jogging stroller.

"You have a big wiener Daddy"-- Aaron proudly tells this story, as Eli watched his Dad take a leak.

"Do you have a wiener Mommy" as we observes me using the facilities.

"Stoli OFF" as he commands the dog to drop his football, though Stoli chooses to ignore him.

We had a busy week. I worked all week at the hospital since we were doing some testing with the physicians. It was fun seeing some of my old friends from the hospital, as well as enjoying the hospital breakfast. They have the best gravy to smother all over some hash browns! I was also able to walk to Blue Koi to enjoy some lychee bubble tea and dumplings. Yummy!

Saturday, Rhonda and I ran 12 miles. Since we missed our 10 mile run last week because of the snow, we enjoyed the nice weather, as we struggled up and down some terrible hills! Our first 6 miles were great. We ran with the 11:20 pace group, and by mile 5 and 6 we were running 9:30/9:40 minute miles, which is pretty fast for us. It kicked our butts though coming back, we hit several walls because of the steep hills with no recovery time, so we walked quite a bit on our way back. If you could hear us complaining. I think I was delirious because I was dropping F-bombs left and right, then found myself laughing uncontrollably.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So, do you have a weiner? You never answered. :)
That's funny about cussing while running/walking.

EK said...

the weiner stuff is awesome. i love it! and i also love bubble tea and am jealous of you. and 12 miles? whatevs...i ran 12.1 this weekend! ha, jk. congrats on that--you are a rock star!

Lindi Ben said...

Aaron's just proud of the weiner story because he's never been told that before! (ok, just a joke, not that I would know..I realize I'm talking to his wife here, but I'm just giving Aaron shit via you) Aaron, I hope for Cherie's sake your weiner is bigger than that of a 2 year old's (is Eli 3 yet?)!

12 miles Cherie?!! YOU ROCK! I went about 4 today and was proud of myself. haha.