Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Eli!








My eldest is becoming a 'big boy'! Eli turned 3 on he May 4th. We celebrated with a big party which featured a GI-NORMOUS Spiderman bounce house which we rented for the day. I was told by some parents, their kids were counting the minutes until Eli's party started. I think it was totally worth it, the kids and 'bigger' kids had such a blast bouncing in this obnoxiously large inflatable 'bounce house'.

Eli also had his yearly doctor's appointment, I think my son is finally 'average' rather than 'so BIG' as he was often referred to as a baby, and which Keenan is ALWAYS referred to.

Stats:
Weight: 37 lbs. & 3 oz (90%)
Height: 38.9 inches (75-90%)

Of course I was not able to show how brilliant my child is in front of the doctor, because he does not like to talk to strangers. He hardly said a word, but as soon as he left, he was Mr. Chatter.

Eli says some pretty entertaining things. Aaron was telling me the other day that Eli is turning into his mother. I've taught him not to put his mouth on the drinking fountain at school, I still remember my Mom teaching me that. Well, Eli was getting a drink and he told Aaron, "We don't put our mouth on that (referring to the spout on the drinking fountain), no we don't!" Classic Cherie saying. One morning Eli was drinking ice water and he spit a piece of ice out of his mouth and said, "I better take that out, I might choke". Aaron had to roll his eyes at that one.

2 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

Woah, that bouncer looks like every kid's dream. You were the best parents on the block that week, eh? Eli's quotes are so funny. I love it when they quote you exactly. And helloooo, Aaron, Cherie is right - we don't put our mouth on those things!

EK said...

Ha ha, I love it. A little Cherie Mon Amie. Too cute. That bouncy thing is awesome. I so wish we could have gone to the partaaaay!